Moringa oleifera is a fast-growing, drought-resistant tree of the family Moringaceae, native to the Indian subcontinent. Common names include moringa, drumstick tree, horseradish tree, and ben oil tree or benzolive tree.
Moringa contains many healthful compounds such as:
- vitamin A
- vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- B2 (riboflavin)
- B3 (niacin), B-6
- folate and ascorbic acid (vitamin C)
It is also extremely low in fats and contains no harmful cholesterol.
Fast facts on Moringa:
- The tree is native to India but also grows in Asia, Africa, and South America.
- Moringa contains a variety of proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
- Moringa oleifera has few known side effects.
- People taking medication should consult a doctor before taking moringa extract.